Dare to Flare
The flared silhouette is back with a vengeance this fall. Dignified and classic, sharp and mysterious, it’s a dramatic look especially in black.
1. John Hardy Classic Chain Amethyst & Sterling Silver Stud Earrings $395, saksfifthavenue.com
2. Ted Baker London Belted Flare Skirt Wool & Cashmere Blend Coat $625, nordstrom.com
3. Climbing Trellis Tee $198, anthropologie.com
4. Alexander Wang Runway Mini Fanny Pack $495, saksfifthavenue.com
5. MICHAEL Michael Kors Robin Glossed-Leather Ankle Boots $295, net-a-porter.com
My Golden Rule No. 7:
Don’t set yourself up to fail. A half-hour before you leave the house (especially if it’s a special occasion) is not the time to start looking in your closet. Believe me, I have made this mistake more often than I’d like to admit. Not to mention the frustration and clean up as you trip over your discarded clothes. Even with your busy lifestyle, you owe it to yourself to find those precious few minutes to prepare ahead of time.