Going out sleuthing with your friends and haven't got a clue what to wear? All evidence leads to this structured cape by Theory. Detect that sense of intrigue and flair you've been looking for. And with its dramatic silhouette, buckle point collar and concealed zip front, you're certain to turn a lot of private "eyes." Mystery solved!
Get the "cloak and dagger" look here:
1. Theory Danijo Structured Cape $555, saksfifthavenue.com
Theory Merlock Flared Felt Skirt $275, saksfifthavenue.com
2. Vince Camuto 'Summer Horn' Linear Earrings $58, nordstrom.com
3. Foley + Corinna Slider Satchel Bag $177, lastcall.com
4. Antique Reproduction Vintage Aged Brass Magnifying Glass $19, amazon.com
5. Grafton Over the Knee Boots $248, freepeople.com
The button-up cotton voile blouse is a great basic. Soft, sheer, flowing, and versatile, no closet should be without one. Or two. Or more! Like an old friend, it’s there when you need it, either for a casual outing or an elegant affair.
Get your basically beautiful, beautifully basic here:
1. Jean Paul Gaultier GF 103 Earrings $137, 6pm.com
2. DKNY Croc-Printed Shopper $365, dkny.com
3. Velvet by Graham & Spencer Makelli Cotton Voile Button-Up Shirt $108, velvet-tees.com.com
Michael Kors Bootcut Stretch Jeans $44, lordandtaylor.com
4. Pistil Edun Belt $33, 6pm.com
Lauren by Ralph Lauren Faux Python Belt $24, 6pm.com
5. Vince Camuto Amori Boot $178, nordstrom.com
What was once a symbol of 1960’s counter-culture, the Tie-dye phenomenon is now back with a vengeance— but this time it's mainstream and, well, quite “cultured.” Celebrate the dawning of a new Age of Aquarius in this 'Hamptons' Tie Dye Maxi Dress by Young, Fabulous & Broke.
Celebrate the dawning here:
1. Young, Fabulous & Broke 'Hamptons' Tie Dye Ruched Maxi Dress $209, nordstrom.com
2. RAIN Set of 3 Gold and Crystal Stacking Rings $10, bluefly.com
3. Taj 24K Gold-Plated Cord Bracelet, Pink $66, lastcall.com
4. Stuart Weitzman Caesar Sandal $299, 6pm.com
5. Annabella Lilly Sterling Silver Ring $20, bluefly.com
The d'Orsay shoe is said to be named after the 19th century French noble artist, Count d'Orsay. A dandy, the Count's work was considered the hight of elegance and all that was fashionable. So goes the d'Orsay shoe. The style is characterized by having the vamp cut away, revealing the arch of the foot, with some even exposing a bit of "toe cleavage." Oh la la!
Let your arch triumph here:
1. Steven by Steve Madden Elka Crisscross d'Orsay Flat $52, lastcall.com
2. Chinese Laundry 'Easy Does It' Flat $29, nordstrom.com
3. Sam Edelman Brayden $77, zappos.com
4. Cole Haan 'Amalia' Skimmer Flat $198, nordstrom.com
5. Manolo Blahnik Soussaba Suede d'Orsay Flats $645, saksfifthavenue.com
6. Halogen 'Kayla' d'Orsay Flat $79, nordstrom.com